Thursday, August 04, 2005

WHAT!

He is leaving. What? He is leaving. One of the most influential men in my life is leaving. You have to understand what I am saying. The man who led me into salvation. The man who gave my wife away in our wedding. The man who taught me how to be a man, father, husband, and a son is leaving. This is a HUGE BLOW to me and my family. What do we do? Do we follow? Do we stay? I do not know. I do know that God will lead me in the right direction. This is life-changing for my family. If I was single I would be gone. I am not single, so I have to make the best decision for my family. God's will mUst be done. The impact this man had on my life is so powerful. He has always been there for us. He is the vessel that was used to get me to this point in my life.

When I was told that he was leaving, time seemed to have stopped. I was hurt and I CRIED LIKE A BABY. This is the only man I had known that when I first met him, he was faithful to God and lived his life accordingly. He is not the Apostle, but one of the team pastors. He is the one I developed a deep and intimate relationship with. He is the one I could call at 3 a.m., literally. He is the one who reached out to me. He is leaving! This is a CRUSHING BLOW! In the midst of it all GOD IS IN CONTROL.

NO MATTER HOW BAD IT HURTS YOU HAVE TO DO THE RIGHT THING.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I had asked God for a man in my life just like that in 1992.I married him in 1993.I give praise to my lord for him daily.Joe Scoggins is a gift from god indeed.

Greg said...

Sometimes in order for us to grow... God allows those we lean on to move away. Hurts, but I will pray that it will just be growing pains...

steve said...

I am in NO MEANS saying this is the wrong way, but I agree with Ben... God will remove the crutches in our lives when we are finally strong enough to stand on our own.

I am praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

This has to be painful.
And scary.
But Oaks seldom uproot and move no matter how bad the storm... I suspect that in someone else's life, you will come to play the same role this good man has played in yours. Get ready for your phone to start ringing at 3 a.m.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is all good advice. Unfortunately, they do not understand what we do b/c you didn't give any explanation. I know that we will make the right decision, and that God will carry us through this the right way:)

Unknown said...

Brother,

God will guide you...Believe that. He has a plan for you and your family. You have to open your heart and listen to Him speak to you.

Hurt is part of life, but God is the answer to that pain.

Pray before you decide to remove you family from your church. Search your heart for God's answers to your questions.

You will do the right thing if you do it with a Light Heart.

Blessings,

Tony

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for you and your family. You guys are in my prayers... I wish I could help somehow.

Anonymous said...

I too had a person in my life who I relied on tremendously. He was there for me through some intense trials, and helped me to make it through. He taught me the Word, and became one of my closest friends. When he left my church I was devastated. Part of me wanted to follow him, but God wouldn't release me. And you know, it has strengthened me. I miss him. But I am grateful for the role he played in my life.

Anonymous said...

just want to say the world needs MORE men like you!!! And by doing what you're doing with the kids (this is from your wife's blog entry about the article and pic in the paper) you are being an example to these kids of how you are supposed to be when you get older and creating more men like you!!! Wish you lived in Michigan - West Michigan!! We could seriously use you in Grand Rapids!!! Wanna move here instead of NC???????????

bigwhitehat said...

Buck up hoss! It is time to stand on your own. God gives you what you need when you need it. You aren't some little boy. You are a MAN! You are a MAN OF GOD! Your going to do great things (just you and Him). Somebody in Texas is wearing a big white hat and is praying for you. Love you brother.