Saturday, July 30, 2005

FATHER, FAMILY MAN AND HUSBAND

Being a husband can be tough(for me). The tough part is dealing with a different, very different, extremely different person. My wife and I disagree on about 90% of the things we talk about. The more I think about it, the only thing we agree on is GOD. Don't get me wrong, being a husband has its perks(hint hint). However; it can be difficult. It seems as if we have a lot of discussions and that frustrates me. I wish that we could just agree on everything, but we don't. I know that total agreement is not normal, but it seems that it would be awesome.

I know that these discussions build character and help with the plan God has for my life. No matter how bad things may seem they are always better than they used to be. So my pray is not to change my wife, but to be the husband God intends for me to be. To love my wife as christ loved the church. To give myself up for her. To tuck her in bed at night. I do not like to tuck my wife in bed because it takes away from my time. I know it sounds selfish, but it's the real deal.

I know that my day of being the perfect husband is coming and it is all up to me because God has provided me with everything I need to do it.


OAK, LOVE FAITH JUST AS CHRIST LOVED THE CHURCH AND GAVE HIMSELF UP FOR HER TO MAKE HER HOLY, CLEANSING HER BY THE WASHING WITH WATER THROUGH THE WORD, AND TO PRESENT HER TO HIMSELF AS A RADIANT CHURCH, WITHOUT STAIN OR WRINKLE OR ANY OTHER BLEMISH, BUT HOLY AND BLAMELESS. EPH. 5: 25-27

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that in marriage you don't have to agree all the time. You are two separate people.And you compliment each other. My wife is strong in areas where I am weak and vice versa. We've been married for 37 years so far and we think the most important thing is to assume the good will of your partner. She may not agree with me, but I know she has my best interests in mind.

God bless you and Faith; you are a beautiful couple.

Joe said...

Someone once said, "If you are both just alike, one of you is unnecessary.

Being a better husband IS where it's at.

Think about this: In most marriages, the major source of conflict is, "I want my (way, opinion, ideas, etc) more than I want yours."

When we learn to say, "I want what's best for you BEFORE I even consider what is good for me." Then we have found the right approach.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

I forgot you had a blog!! I just checked your wifies and saw the link again!!!

Wow - after reading this one - do you have a single brother?? Your wife can tell you about me!! :) I think you're the type of person EVERY woman looks for!!!