Monday, July 25, 2005

TO AGREE OR NOT AGREE..................

My wife and I had a discussion about THE PAST and we disagree on somethings. I can not talk about everything, but this is it in a nutshell. Faith believes that I am responsible for some of the things that happened. I agree. I say everyone is responsible for their own actions. She disagrees. What do you think? Are we responsible for the actions of others? Can we make people do things against their will? If so, then why isn't everyone doing it God's way?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just don't get it. Still.

Unknown said...

You yourself is responsiable of your own action not anyone else.

Joe said...

Each person is absolutely responsible for his/her own behavior. I used to invite one of my youth group to hit me as hard as he/she could. Then I would explain that I have options. I can strike back, I can run, I can cry or I can do nothing. The choice now becomes mine.The real trick is to give up enough of self to let God have control and do what HE wants, not what we want.

Anonymous said...

I think you have to play with the cards you’re dealt. Some folks get a good hand, some a lousy one.

We are responsible for what we do after that.We are not responsible for what others do; we are responsible for how we react to what they have done.

Otherwise, there’d be no need for me to forgive – or be forgiven.

I think the question always before me is, "Lord, what would You have me do, Now?"

Jamie said...

If someone hits you as hard as they can...are you responsible for doubling over in pain. No the person who hit you is. You can force people against their will to do certain things. Everyone is not doing it God's way because He gave us free will and will NOT force us against our will.