Thursday, June 30, 2005

The beginning

Back in the day, in a small town in florida, I was about 5 or 6 when I remember being introduced to my mother. But I think I need to go back a little further.

My mother was 15, alone and angry, Why? Well, how would you feel if you were always told that you will never amount to anything, you aint s#%#,you're stupid, you're just like your old good for nothing daddy,you could have been an abortion or 'I should have told your daddy to pull out.'

After being told these lies,and so many more like it, my mother went looking for love in the arms of men or women. At the age of 15, she was confused. It is around this time she met my father,who was engaged to be married. He did what all men do when there is no relationship with God: He ran game, told her everything she wanted to hear, which was the opposite of what her mother always told her.
She believed those lies that her mother told her and that's the sad part. What my father told her triggered a sense of curiosity.This game has been played before... telling someone something to arouse curiosity and hoping they take the bait (read Genesis 3). Opps! look at the time. Gotta go, C-ya!

2 comments:

steve said...

shawn Mac rocks!

God bless my friend!

Tammy said...

Yep, Shawn MacDonald rocks!